TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Thanks for your help on my JVC DVD recorder problem. I feel…

Thanks for your help on...
Thanks for your help on my JVC DVD recorder problem. I feel kind of stupid for not knowing/seeing the "output" button on the front of the unit. The owners manual doesn't say anything about it that I could find. Either way...awesome job. One more question on that same unit. Even now that I have selected the 1080p output, the picture isn't as sharp as the HDMI that feeds direct from the cable box to the TV. Is that because the DVD JVC has limited output to the TV?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

What are you using as an input into the jvc? (what are you watching/playing back)

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Cable in to the back of the JVC that comes from the cable box. HDMI from back of JVC to the TV. 1080p from JVC just not as sharp as HDMI from cable box to TV. I'm just wondering if the JVC processor is not as good as the TVs

This is a combination of the connections and the output from the jvc.

The coax cable is partly a limiting factor, but the other is the inherent capabilities of the jvc, and really of any dvd player/recorder, which is limited to 720p.

To get full HD quality on your recordings, you'd need to go with a hard drive based recorder or DVR box supplied by the cable co.

Eldon
Eldon, Technician