TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Visio m47osl I would like to cast. There is no

I have a Visio...

I have a Visio m47osl I would like to cast. There is no application in Yahoo connected tv store. How do I cast?

Technician's Assistant: How old is your M47OSL?

Not sure. How do I find tthis info?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your M47OSL? What happened right before this?

Never tried til recently.

3/8/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What content are you trying to cast?

phone and laptop
anything. I have not tried as there is no way on tv to tell it im casting
are you there?

Yes, please allow me time to respond,

The short answer is that you can't, at least not on the tv directly.

This is an older 2012 model tv, far past its service life and has not beens supported by vizio for over 4 years now. There are no new apps for it or software updates that would allow this type of functionality, and even most of the built in apps that were on it previously no longer work, amazon and youtube were dropped entirely for example.

The best way to get other content, as well as the ability to stream content from a phone/computer is through an external streaming device such as a roku or fire tv or appletv

How do i cancel membership?

You are not obligated to any membership, just the one time fees you paid when posting your question.

I can let customer service know you don't want an ongoing service.

please do. Is there a means of sending me confirmation of cancellation?

I can ask customer service if they can do that.

please. thx

You're welcome.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

thx

You're welcome.

Once you complete the rating step to close our chat here, I'll get that cancelled for you.

Nathan, Installer