TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

There is a small black box with the words "am numb" near the…

There is a small...

There is a small black box with the words "am numb" near the bottom left of the screen. It persists over Hulu and OTA. So, I believe it's the TV. I've gone through the menu and tools with no luck. Any advise?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes, two. One from ROKU and one from my blue ray player.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Nothing more than a few minutes. BTW I am powering the Roku from the USB on the back of the set.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

3/8/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

That worked, thanks.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Richard, Technician