TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I cant get any channels I tried system menu tried to re scan…

Customer Question
I cant get any...

I cant get any channels I tried system menu tried to re scan but it comes up o

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung UA40F5000AMXXY HU02 12 months old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UA40F5000AMXXY? What happened right before this?

Some of the channels have been un available for some time but now all channels are not working except for netflix

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you using the tv with an antenna?

in a block of flats the aerial is on the roof others in the block have no problem. I am now able to get free to air. System Menu still reports empty on HDMI

HDMI will show empty, that is normal because you aren't using a hdmi connection or a set top box, if you're using only an aerial feed.

Set the tv source/input mode to TV (not hdmi, video, etc),

then go into the tv menu, under channels, and run the channel scan function again please.