TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I moved my sharp aquos tv without unplugging my hdmi cables.

I moved my sharp...

I moved my sharp aquos tv without unplugging my hdmi cables. Now it stops working and I have to wiggle the cords to get it working again. Sometimes it last for a hour or two, or just minutes. I’ve tried new cords. Switched ports and same thing. Anyway to fix this.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Aquos?

5 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes everything works. We just have to wiggle cords. I’m thinking I loosened it inside or something ports feel tight

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Aquos? What happened right before this?

Happened after I moved it.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back off the Sharp? Also elaborate on "stops working"- does the TV actually shut off, or just lose picture, or sound, or both?

Just loses picture comes back after wiggling cable.
Model LC-60E69v

Thank you. What source is connected to the TV and have you tried more than one source (meaning you've tried a Cable Box, DVD player, etc.)?

Were you able to see my reply or did the website's phone offer cover it over?

I tried several things. believe I loosend the port when I moved tv. It feels tight when connecting cables.

What was connected when the TV was moved- and was that device turned ON?

Cable box is connected

Also that model number is ***** the LC-60 part is right but the rest is not. Please check again and reply back.

Aric, Technician
LC 60E69U
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started

Thank you. There's no quick fix for this, and if the HDMI port is intermittent then this requires replacing the Mainboard of the TV to fix the issue. I'm pulling up this part now. Also it looks like someone accepted the phone call- that was not me.

The part that needs to bee replaced is at the link below for your set. It's plug and play and requires removing the back of the TV to replace it:

https://www.ebay.com/i/361987121640?chn=ps