TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Just replaced power supply on samsung 51" plasma. when i…

Customer Question
Just replaced power supply...

Just replaced power supply on samsung 51" plasma. when i plug it in, i get a solid red light. press the power button and it clicks a few times from the back, then the light flashes 5 times. if i try to turn off, the power light stays in the flashing mode. I have to unplug it to clear. is this the main board issue? thx Rog

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Rog?

On what

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Rog? What have you tried so far?

No this is a plasma tv issue

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

PN51E7000FF

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv will not turn on, just clicks then red light flashes 5 times

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just replaced the power supply board. this all started when I went to turn on tv, we heard 2 loud pops then the screen went blank and standby light started flashing the code

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/7/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Likely not the set is a plasma and usual for this type of issue is failed scan boards, checks with a meter are needed to determine which boards have gone short circuit usually though its the Y scan and buffers,samsung have no blink code so you can't judge by that so meter checks first/order boards/fit boards cost of boards vary but around $150

Let me know your thoughts

Do you want help with this please?