TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 32" flatscreen that won't Autoprogram beyond 30%. I…

I have a 32"...

I have a 32" flatscreen that won't Autoprogram beyond 30%. I was told that is was a module on the motherboard that would cost $200 to fix. would a converter box or external tuner help

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just a few weeks...but I can't get the channels that I'm used to watching! It's frustrating, as I am disabled and watch TV all the time

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly...if it's not too difficult. I know the ins and outs of a computer

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all...it just won't autoprogram right. It picks up some channels, but when it gets to 30% a popup appears that just says "Autoprogramming has stopped." No code or reason why

3/7/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent support, pay per question website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope so!! I am disabled and watch TV just about all day. Most of the channels I watch are above 51.1, and that is where the Autoprogram stops

Yes, a converter box or external tuner will work, please click on the following link to view several converter boxes to choose any

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/digital-tv-converter-boxes

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Don't those converter boxes work with the TV on channel 3? I have an older analog TV that I used to have a converter box for

No, those converter box plug into AV or HDMI input of the TV, it needs to select correct video input source on the TV to get converter box home screen and use the converter box remote to run channel tuning

for example, check the pictures of the following converter box to see AV jacks and HDMI port on the back of the box

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Koramzi-CB-100-HDTV-Digital-TV-Converter-Box-ATSC-USB-DVR-Recording-Media-player-PVR-Function-HDMI-RF-RF-RCA-USB-Input/173577522

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You mentioned a converter box. Should I connect it to the antenna port, or HDMI, or some other way?

Let me explain it

Converter box has a built-in tuner so you would need to connect the antenna to the box

Converter box also has video out/ HDMI out port to connect it to the TV (either AV input or HDMI input) to view the picture/ home screen of converter box on the TV

First, connect the converter box into HDMI input on the TV using HDMI cable, select HDMI input on the TV to get converter box home screen on the TV

Now using converter box supplied remote go to converter box settings to run channel tuning to get available local channels via antenna

I hope this info will help

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks ! Buying a converter box at WM...Pray that it works to restore my channels. Even bought a 150mile range antenna. Maybe get MORE channels

Rest assured, the converter box will work on this TV, I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Shahid saved my sanity AND my bank account! My flatscreen TV actually picks up MORE stations using an HDMI cable and converter box. THANK YOU!!

Excellent, glad to know I was able to assist you with it

Have nice time~

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician