TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a magnasonic tv. It is a 19" modal made in 2006

I have a magnasonic...

I have a magnasonic tv. It is a 19" modal made in 2006 (which I read on the back) Bell and I are trying to get it to sync with a new remote. The code we have is 573#, which will not work. What other code does this tv have that we can try? To date it has been an excellent tv, but the remote died and we are having trouble getting the new remote/tv/receiver all synchronized

Technician's Assistant: Is your Panasonic TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes it is.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No. Should I unplug the tv only?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

An answer to the last question I just asked.

3/7/2018
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you give me the full model number of the tv, please? I can then provide you with the proper code to try.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try to get it.Please wait a sec..Serial # is 01002497 October 2006

Thanks, ***** ***** need an actual model number rather than the serial, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where will I find that number?

It should be on the same sticker on the back of the tv

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
19605MHD
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You still here, Nathan??

Yes I'm here, please allow me time to respond

Thank you,

Please try 017 which is the primary ir codeset for this model. If that doesn't work the alternate you can try is 179.

It is possible, however, that no matter what code is used, your remote will not be able to control the devices you wish to use it with. Cable/satellite/AV Component manufacturers include basic functionality for common devices at the time the remote is made, but are not able to provide coverage for every make and model, and are not able to update for every new device that comes out, so there is no guarantee of compatibility. In short, if neither of these codes work, then the bell remote is simply not capable of working with your tv, which is typical of the low quality off brand models like this.

Your best option may be to purchase a more robust, true universal remote to control all of your devices, such as a logitech harmony (click here for example) that will work for all of your devices. It is programmed through an easy to use software program on your computer, which downloads the most up to date remote and device codes from the internet, so it is virtually guaranteed to work with all equipment. It will also give you easy to use macro functionality, so you can press a single button to watch a movie for example, and it will turn on the dvd player, tv, and surround system, tune to the correct inputs on the tv, and start the movie playing, etc. Because of the online database with specific codes for each model, this type of remote has much greater functionality than the basic universal remotes (including the one that came with your system.)

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The old similar remite worked just fine but died. I will try to use the extra numbers. Thanks.

You're very welcome,

not all remotes have this ability, if bell still has some of the old remotes, perhaps they can provide one of those for you again instead

Nathan, Installer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The code 034 worked and it was not one you gave me.. just sayin’
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No charge for call, i hope, as there was no call. Thanks for trying to help me.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I certainly hope i will not be charged for a call .. did nit happen... and it said the $5.00 wouldne refunded.
Phone call session started

I'll let customer service know to cancel the call for you, so you won't get charged for it.

This is a paid support service though, it is not free help, and it was never just $5, that was only to post your question. You paid the total that was displayed, and that you explicitly had to click to agree to, on the payment page.

Nathan, Installer