TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Hitachi LE55A6R9. Last night the image on the

I have a Hitachi...

I have a Hitachi LE55A6R9. Last night the image on the screen was suddenly very dim. Wondering if there is a bulb I can replace, or something.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your LE55A6R9?

I am guessing it is 3 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All functions of the TV work. I did not try a different source.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LE55A6R9? What happened right before this?

It just started last night. It was working fine before that. I do not recall anything unusual other than I just turned it on.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent support, pay per question website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Please grab Hitachi remote came with the TV and push Menu button to get TV menu graphics screen

Does that screen appear normal OR dim?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am sorry, but I am not at home right now. I was trying to get some ideas on how to proceed while I have a few minutes at work.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can check that tonight. Can I get back to you somehow?

Sure, we can continue it at a later time when you're near the TV/ at home, please message me using this chat page to proceed

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do. Sorry about that, I did not expect to have a live chat. Thanks

No problem, your reply will be awaited

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, I am home now. The brightness of the screen does not change when I change inputs

OK, does the menu screen option also appear dim on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the menu is also dim. Can I send you a picture?

Yes, that will be very nice

Click on add-file link near the box where you type the reply, to attach the picture file

Yes, thanks

Get back to you in few minutes, is this OK?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

It is backlight system problem and either the power supply board isn't providing correct volts to backlights inside the screen OR the backlight LEDs inside the screen are failing and causing low light emission, I'm sorry for this news

Power supply board swapping on this TV is an easy option that will either fix the problem or confirm it is backlight LED strips going bad which needs to take apart the screen and that work shouldn't be done by a novice, please click the following link to view power supply board, backlight LED strips image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/hitachi/le55a6r9

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs a defective board or bad LED strips replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appreciate your input. I might try to replace the power supply and , if that is not it, get a new tv. I saw the videos on how to change the led strips. Not sure if that is worth the trouble. Thx again!

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thanks

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician