TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I would like to get my Vizio remote to control the channels…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to get my Vizio remote to control the channels on my cable. (I would prefer to use only one remote control)

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

Brand new.... I would have to get the model number from the box downstairs...

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works...

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Brand new TV.... I can use the Vizio remote to control volume, but not the cable channels. Cable channels must be changed with the cable supplied remote.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/7/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

No, there is no way to get the Vizio remote (or any other TV remote) to control the cable box and change channels. However in most cases you can do other way around and use the cable remote to control power and volume on the Vizio. Who is your cable provider and have you tried programming the cable remote to the Vizio yet?

No I haven't . Lets control the tv with the cable remote then. Comcast is the provider.

Okay thanks. I assume Comcast didn't give you the programming booklet for their remote?

No to Call Me....
comcast is the provider....

I'm not asking. The website sends that offer. The link below is to Comcast's "remote programming" guide and has steps for all of their remotes. There is also a code lookup link on that page so you can lookup the code for your TV:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/programming-your-xfinity-remote

OK, thanks... I will try the link that you provided.

You're welcome. If you have no luck then you can contact Comcast and request a booklet for your remote (the booklet will have all of the codes).

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Nope! Thanks...
Could you please kindly rate me for working with you?