Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My TV keeps shutting off and on without warning. It comes

My TV keeps shutting off and on without warning. It comes back on almost immediately with a black screen for several moments.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: Yes. I already checked to be sure they are tight.
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: Yes .
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This problem started 4 days after power outage.

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent support, pay per question website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem
- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model number TBM 2 AX 152
Cable box and DVD Player are connected.

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried as the first thing that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to wait until my son is able to help me move TV . It is too akward and heavy for me to reach alone.

No problem, please take your time and reply back with the result

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We turned off TV and cable box for 10 minutes . Problem seems resolved at the moment. I thought it was fixed last night so I hope this is the final fix!

Excellent, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Problem continues. Still turning off and on without warning!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
TV reads An error has been detected and is being resolved.

Sorry to hear that, it seems the cable box internal issue

We can confirm the TV connecting a different video source such as DVD player to see if TV still turns Off when playback DVD disc?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not understand what you are saying.

Let me explain, TV seems just fine and it is the cable box that sends the error message or causing the picture trouble

If TV keeps showing a normal picture with DVD player then all is OK and simply call your cable company to get a replacement cable box to resolve the problem

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Cable company thinks TV is the issue. I spoke with 3 different techs last night. I will try to have my son help again to resolve issue. Not feeling very confident at this point. Will let you know what happens.

Sure, please take your time

Cable box or DVD player is a video source to the TV if TV works fine with one but not the other source that means the problem is with the video source and TV is fine as it is working with one video source, DVD test will confirm the TV performance if you get a normal picture on the TV with the DVD player then it is definitely the cable box problem which is causing picture mute/ black screen on the TV

Thanks