TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My LG smart TV keeps booting me off of the internet. I'll be…

My LG smart TV...

My LG smart TV keeps booting me off of the internet. I'll be in the middle of a program and it starts buffering. The internet is working on everything else just fine. Then when I go to switch to another app it reverts back to the last one I was watching on it's own and won't pull up the LG PlayStore since I took it back to factory settings trying to reboot it.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

I can open it just fine... it just keeps booting me off the internet. I hooked up an ethernet chord to see if it was just the wireless... it seemed to help it stay on longer but still booted me at some point. I had to turn the TV off and back on to get it going again and it still had the other issues.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello???
3/7/2018
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hold on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
55UB8500

Thank you,

and does this happen regardless of which app you're watching?

Can you go into the lg menu options and tell me what it shows as the current software version?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hold on
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
05.05.45
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've checked for updates and it says none are available and I have automatic updates on

Thank you

That is indeed the latest version already, there are no further updates available at this point.

That does not mean that an update wont' be necessary to ultimately resolve this, just that it is not yet released.

In the meantime, please go into the LG menu and run the factory reset, once more, and if that does not help there is an additional reset process we can go through next.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but I won't know if it's helped until I'm actually watching TV though

Yes I understand, just do so, keep an eye on it, and get back with me here at your convenience to let me know the results.

It would help as well to watch something else for awhile (like cable/satellite/dvd) and see if it ever cuts out there.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have cable, I only use internet on this TV and I can't reset it because now it's asking for a PIN and I don't have one.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It didn't ask for a PIN before... not sure where'd I even find the PIN.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I found a Customer Service number on the TV, maybe I'll call them since I don't have a PIN, I'll come back here if I can't get anywhere with them.

Use 0000, that is the default

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yep that worked, thank you

Great, keep me posted on the rest, please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The good news is the LG Store came up so hopefully that did it

Great! Sometimes you have to do the reset a few times before it actually takes effect,

or it may have been processing an update that just didn't complete yet until the reset prompted it to finish installing.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Awesome. Ill let you know if I keep having issues, thank you!

You're very welcome, I expect it is probably fine at this point now though.

Eldon
Eldon, Technician
Eldon
Eldon
Eldon, Technician