TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My remote (with new batteries) won’t control the volume on…

My remote (with new...

My remote (with new batteries) won’t control the volume on the set

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes...it simply rose in the middle of a program and won’t go down

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Red white and yellow

3/7/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

the remote will turn sound on and off by not raise or lower volume

What's the model number off of the back of the TV please and how old is the set?

the TV is yr old is a Sharp and model is LC32LB481U

Thank you. You're using the original Sharp remote correct? Does the remote function for other commands- like MENU, Input, etc.?

That is strange the only thing it won't control is volume. Offhand this indicates a glitch/fault in the TV's mainboard. Is this set just over, just under or exactly one year from the date of purchase please?

just over
2 mos

Okay. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up and responds to volume normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

i’m working on them

Okay standing by.

set is powering up

10-4

volume is working

Excellent and I'm glad to hear that. Could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

appears to h

Huh?

I am unable to find area to rate positively

Please scroll all of the way up to the very top of the page and there should be stars. Let me know if you cannot find them.

Aric, Technician