TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Toshiba television is stuck in hotel mode and it has a in…

Customer Question
My Toshiba television is...

My Toshiba television is stuck in hotel mode and it has a in a green box AQ test and white lettuce and it won't let me go into the settings and it doesn't have any sound how do I change it back to regular setting

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

50 in 1400 you September 2014 serial numbers 83729 2 80171 C1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can turn the TV on and off I can turn the volume up I can't hear it I can change the channels but it's not changing anything it has Hotel mode and has a orange a in a green box and it has AQ space test in the right-hand upper corner

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/7/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help with my Toshiba television that stuck in hotel mode will the AQ test up in the left-hand corner I'm sorry right hand corner

What is the model of the TV?

50 in 1400u serial#83729280171 C1
Toshiba
  • Using the remote control, press the following button sequence in a timely fashion: 1 , 2, 3, 4 (This will release the “Retail Lock” mode)
  • Enter the User Menu and locate Reset Factory Defaults for the subject model.
  • Complete the Factory Defaults reset.
  • Power on the TV. NOTE: You will be prompted to perform the Fisrt Time setup.
  • After setting the correct Time Zone Set the Location option to Home.
  • Continue with the First Time setup.