TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The bottom 2/3 is blurry with motion, but fine when the

Customer Question
The bottom 2/3 is...

The bottom 2/3 is blurry with motion, but fine when the movie is not movinf too fast

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

UN65H6203AF

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes. Yes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

I bought it off craigslist :(

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I think it’s the board / motion processor. But the top half works with motion just fine.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Only happens with motion, clear otherwise.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looking for a LED TV hardware expert, not someone familiar with Samsung menu settings.
3/7/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 month ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you tried resetting the picture settings to the factory default?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m thinking it’s the t-con board or main board. I’m just not sure which one controls motion processing.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s only a 60hz TV but the bottom half judder is crazy even at small movements.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s not lighting, solid bars, bands, or even color. It’s just motion - and only in the bottom half.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The top half is clear / normal motion processing picture.

The T-Con board would not cause this - the main board controls motion processing, so it is suspect if a factory reset did not work.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will order a new motion board today. If it works I will give you 5 stars, thanks Pete!

Ok, let me know how it goes! :)

Pete, Electronic Engineer