TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Samsung PN50B430P2DXZA Plasma TV I heard a loud…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a Samsung PN50B430P2DXZA Plasma TV I heard a loud pop! and the picture became fuzzy also giving a thin black line horizontal at top of screen and a thin green line vertical at 6 inches to right of screen i replaced t-con board no change i think it was from my y- main board that may have blew a capacitor which which may have caused the problem can you lead me in the right direction thank you.

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your PN50B430P2DXZA connected tightly to the right sockets?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

HdmI

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I also replaced the y-main and the y-buffer before this happen

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/7/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Have you checked the outputs from the power supply board? It is the board most likely to fail with a loud pop as the power capacitors are on it.

If the voltage output readings are bad then it will need to be replaced.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------