TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Please help me connect my tv to internet wifi. Standby. T…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, please help...

Hi Pearl, please help me connect my tv to internet wifi

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Standby

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

T att uverse (Pace)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv model un55mu6300

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/7/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me where you're getting stuck?
Do you know your wifi name/password?

Okay does the tv "see" your home wifi network?
What happens when you try to connect?

does not connect. have roku stick, wifi connects to that fine. but not directly to tv

Okay so in the samsung menu, what specifically happens when you put in your wifi password?

doesnt ask for password

But it does see the network? And when you select it nothing happens?

only says wifi connection failed
say cannot connect to network
also says check security key on wireless router

Okay go into the samsung menu options, under advanced/help/support/diagnostics, and look there for the factory reset (restore defaults) option and select that, and after it resets try again

dont see that option can i press the button in the back
hello
ok found it
TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello, do you need more help with this?