TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sharp Aquos Quattron. LC-52LE830U. One side of the…

I have a Sharp Aquos...
I have a Sharp Aquos Quattron.
LC-52LE830U. One side of the screen is fine, but for some reason the left has a darker picture. Still have an image, just darker than the other side. And a noticeable vertical strip in the middle that is kinda grainy. I was able to enter Service mode, and got error code 21. Looked it up, code is panel power failure. Any ideas?
3/7/2018
Gina King
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I would like to continue.
I would like to continue. I would like some type of answer so i can decide to take it in, or just replace
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Okee-dokee

Either half of the backlight has failed or the T-Con board or possibly the LCD panel itself has failed.

It could also just be caused by a loose ribbon cable connector from the T-Con or main board to the display panel.

How old is the TV? Is it still under warranty?

Do you plan on carrying out the repairs yourself?

A repair by a technician is likely to cost around $200 if it is not serious.

If the panel is faulty then the TV is beyond economical repair.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

TV is a few years old. I opened up the case, but did not find any loose cables, but I only checked the board that has the inputs. Not sure which board is the T-con. I can replace parts, I just don't know what any of them are called, lol. can the T-con or main board be replaced? If so, how do I find a replacement? How do I make sure I can the right stuff? Or should I just have a repair guy do it? I can replace them, just not sure what to order.

Here is a useful video that shows the boards and cables inside a typical Sharp Aquos TV - you can watch from 4:20 onwards, after the cover is removed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAtWOXipbkA

Pete, Electronic Engineer
Thanks