TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an old Hitachi 50v720 projector television which I…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Hitachi 50v720 projector television which I recently bought a replacement lamp bul/housing for. When I try to replace the bulb the television won't stop flashing the "lamp" light. I have tried taking the bulb out and reinstalling it several times but it will not work. I need help please

Technician's Assistant: How old is your 50V720?

Old. I received it from an old friend. I believe that it is from 2005

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I can't even get the television turned on. After I put in the replacement bulb the outside of the tv flashes the "lamp" light and won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

I am
I would prefer just typing if that is ok

Are you making sure the lamp DOOR is put back onto the tv?

when I screw in the lamp door nothing changes, the "lamp" light continues to blink red at me.

Where exactly did you buy the new lamp and how much did it cost?

I bought the specified replacement bulb off of Amazon and it cost about $45 for the bulb itself

Eeeek. That is very very likely your problem right there. Anything that cheap, almost certainly is a pure knock off. We see this all the time with low cost lamps. I strongly suggest you get a REAL quality lamp from somewhere like www.dlplampsource.com

Ok well is there a way to know for sure if it's the bulb or something as simple as a broken safety clip got the lamp doot? I can't really afford to spend that much money on a bulb for a television that I may just need to get rid of if that is not the problem.
for the lamp door

I guess, but I cannot stress enough how important it is to get a real lamp. Those cheap lamps are not going to last long if they even light up, and they are not good for the lamp power supply.

If you really want to check the door situation - Visual inspection. Look carefully at the lamp door and where the door makes contact with the door switch. May require taking the entire back off the tv.