TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a un55c6900vfxza tv. When I turned it on today the…

Customer Question
I have a un55c6900vfxza...

I have a un55c6900vfxza tv. When I turned it on today the picture appeared only as the size of the pip. Appeared in upper 1/6 th of screen. Tried menu, picture sizes reset, changed to all (16;9 ratio, full screen, etc..) still no change. Worked fine when turned off last night. Suggestions please.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your UN55C6900VFXZA?

At least 10 years.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works. Don’t know about other sources, only use cable

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN55C6900VFXZA? What happened right before this?

Nothing. Turnrd it off last night. Just turned it on today, had this issue.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing I can think of. Thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: TV
3/6/2018
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 1 month ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

No you don't currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No to the call. Let’s do thing like this

Sure. Do you currently have access to the tv so you can try something?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Of course I do.

Please try this:

-leave the tv On, set to cable input.
-unplug the cable box POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 20 seconds then plug in the cable box power cord (power it on manually if needed).

-watch the tv screen as the box boots up.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fixed. Thanks

You're welcome. Reply back for more assistance.

Before you go, please do show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician