TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

5 year old PN51D7000 plasma TV cycles through on and off…

Customer Question
5 year old PN51D7000...

5 year old PN51D7000 plasma TV cycles through on and off continually

Technician's Assistant: How old is your PN51D7000?

5 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Cannot get it to ON for more than seconds before it cycles to OFF then ON again, continualy

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your PN51D7000? What happened right before this?

A month ago it was turning itself of but I was able to turn it ON again and it would remain usable for days to weeks at a time. Now it's cycling ON/OFF continualy, with the cycle tacking only seconds to occur.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I thought you were the expert!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/6/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

That was the site "chat assistant". I am the actual tech helping you. The set cycling itself off and on like this is actually a fault in it's Mainboard and generally requires replacement of that board to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.