TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have the following TV: 5 years or so....when changing

Customer Question
I have the following...

I have the following TV:

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

5 years or so....when changing channels I get this message box HDMI No time information
Satellite STB [email protected] how do I get rid of it?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu works....problem is only on sat input

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this?

Since day one

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
also...when I get the HDMI1 message there is also a Searching for Signals message
3/6/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello
no calls

Hi

I take it that you have satellite tv so leave the tv on and pull the power cord on the satellite box

See if that message disappear then wait 30 secs and plug it back

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME and without my knowledge , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it .

Let me know how that reboot works

it disappears as soon as the tv finds a signal

Do you receive your tv through a satellite box or antenna ?

The tv will give you a NO SIGNAL message but not SEARCHING.......

Reboot the satellite

DirecTV...I know it's a function of the tv...I just want to know how to disable it
it doesn't say NO SIGNAL....just SEARCING FO SIGNALS
TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble with the tv,

As an initial step, please turn off the tv and unplug power to your satellite box for a minimum of 5 minutes,

replug, wait another 5 then turn the tv on and let me know the results.

If no change, I'll need the complete model number from the back of the tv please.

When the DirecTV box is changing channels, there is a lag. The TV the looks for an input and gives the message. I want to know a hack to turn the off.I gave it all t Jack. Turning it off and on will NOT fix it. It's NOT broken.

There is no tv make/model indicated here, if you sent it previously it did not come through, which is why I am asking for it.

There is a specific diagnostic process required here to help resolve this. Will you please at least try the reset I mentioned above to get us started.

no...we're done

I can't help if you're not willing to follow what I'm recommending. Best of luck to you.

If you decide you'd like to pick this up later, under the fees you've already paid, I'd be happy to help at another time.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.