TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Sound works not picture, i have taken off back to inspect…

Customer Question
Sound works not picture ...

Sound works not picture

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

I have taken off back to inspect components

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Seems two fuses in main power board are receiving too much volatage and third appears to have no voltage

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

LG 60PZ750

Sorry then but this is nt what i thought and will opt out

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
Please just standby and someone should be with you shortly .

Ok thanks
TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your tv.

Do you see the screen lighting up/glowing at all?

No not at all

Yes I know it is a plasma, just wanted to confirm if the panel is priming at all,

so this would typically indicate a bad Y sus board, did you check the fuses on it?

Ki don’t see any fuses on y sus
Wait yes 250
seems to work
But main power board has three fuses two seem to be putting out in excess of 250 v and a third 0 v

Yes there should be a ceramic fuse there, 250v,

so if that fuse is ok, then it is another component on that ymain board as the most likely fault,

what are the power board outputs looking like? Check the voltages on all the psu output pins against the marked expected voltages there,

if they are ok, then the ysus would need to be replaced, or rather rebuilt as parts for this are no longer available.

Power board outputs seem to be reading correctly but the fuses are off as noted

I'm not worried about those at this point, the other board isn't drawing power in the first place,

so I would go ahead with refurbing that Y board, you can send it in for repair here: http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/1426/lg-60pz750-ug-auszlhr-ysus-repair-service-for-no-image-failing-to-start-or-shutting-down-tv-problem or http://www.ptselectronicsinc.com/EBR73561201/

sorry im a little confused y sus board seems to have power...right? the fuse was reading 250 v and psu output pins working

Yes, this is not a matter of it having power or not, there are many other components on that board that can and do fail.

If it wasn't getting power in the first place I'd tell you to replace the power supply.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?