TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I went to turn the news on this morning and the box showed…

Customer Question
I went to turn...

I went to turn the news on this morning and the box showed "boot". It stayed that way forever to I unplugged everything and now the box won't even come on.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Our set-top box

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Xfinity

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your XFinity router?

Panasonic (is it the small thing next to the box?)

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Waiting. Then unplug everything. Now the set-top box won't turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

No. This has never happened before.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

hello -- ready and waiting

Hi

Do you mean that you pulled out the cable box power cord or disconnected it from the tv ?

I`m ready to accept your phone request but first i want to make sure you understand that this cost an extra $26
Do you still want that call or do you wish to continue in chat mode ?
That offer was sent automated by the website by the way , NOT ME

Lets proceed here

Pull the cable box power cord 30 secs or so and make sure it is well connected after you plug back that power cord

I did that. The Cable box is still off. I try holding down the power button, but nothing happens.

OK then if it is totally dead and you know there is power in that wall outlet then also check at the box itself , some of them are plugged there as well

A totally dead cable box is not common after a reboot but it is not out of the question and if it is the case then comcast is your next step

By the way , I can close this $26 phone request but i need you to ask me to do so .
It is now posted on the board for all experts to see and one might take you up on that .
Unless of course you`d rather have someone call you ?

The Comcast # I have is an accounting/billing support #. It used to be for everything. Do you know what the number is?
hello?

Give me a minute please

Use this link to either chat , talk or find a service center near you
That box will have to be replaced anyway

https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/

And finally this number 1-***-***-****

That number is ***** to be the Comcast Customer Service number