TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture has faded out but the lettering and information…

Customer Question
The picture has faded...

The picture has faded out but the lettering and information at the bottom of the screen are normal.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung LN40B60K1F 8 YEARS OLD

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your LN40B60K1F? What happened right before this?

2 days nothing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/6/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 4 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

I have already done that as well as replacing my cable HD box.
It's definitely the TV.

Press the menu button of the sets OWN remote is the menu bad?or is it perfectly normal and bright lettering of menu pristine white?

NO I am not going to pay $26.00 when I have already replaced the box and feel as though the TV is the issue.

Have you read my reply above??

I am not sending messages for phone calls the site is you only have to ignore if you do not want read my reply above

I have done that as well and all the settings are set up as normal. The picture has remained the same even when I manually change the settings.

NO PLEASE READ AGAIN what I have asked about read it carefully

I am referring to the menu ITSELF

when I push the menu button on the TV remote the settings come up.

OK forget about that you are not understanding what I mean do you have another input to try like a DVD ?is it the same using that?

I have 2 remotes 1 for the TV and 1 for the Cable Box.
If I push the menu button on the TV remote the settings options appear.
If I push the menu button on the Cable remote I get movie; TV options etc..
Are you still there?
You are not replying back with info I need please reread
TV Technician: Eldon, Technician replied 4 months ago
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble with the tv,

would you be able to send a photo here of the tv screen so I can see exactly what is happening with it?

If possible please do so once with cable, once with the samsung menu screen showing, and also with another device like dvd, roku, etc.

Please note:

You may be seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 to ask your question + balance/total upon speaking with me here) noted on the payment page when posting your question for this chat support.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.