TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to set up my remote control to use with my set…

I am trying to...

I am trying to set up my remote control to use with my set top box and tv.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

LG model# *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv remote works with the tv, but the set top remote won't work for the tv or the box via the remote, however, I am getting my digital signal through the box to my tv and I can control the channels through the box as well using the up and down arrows

Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/3/2018
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need assistant, but I will have do it later as I am unable to deal with it right now. I will log back in later.

OK

I am ready to have the above issue resovled
Is there anyone that is able to assist me
Not happy. This sites a rip off. Nobody available to help. Waste of money.
Eldon
Eldon, Technician

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble, and my apologies for any delay in getting you an answer.

Do you still need help with this?

If so, can you tell me what remote you are trying to use here? The LG tv remote? Or the cable remote?

I am using the digital set top box remote control. I took a picture of the remote and sent it in an above post. The set top box brand is a topfield.

Okay and the issue is only needing to program it to operate the tv?
Or is it not working to control the box (channels) either?

I can only turn on the tv and change the input using the remote for the set top box . I cannot change any channels on the box or the tv. I can only change the channels using the up and down arrows on the set top box work.

Thank you for the information,

this actually would indicate a defective remote.

Please unplug power to the box for at least 5 minutes

replug, wait 5 more, then test again.

If no change, then the cable co will need to provide you with a new remote, which should come preprogrammed for your box and not need any special programming at all.

Ok I'll give this a try. Thank you!

You're very welcome, and best of luck!

Eldon
Eldon, Technician