TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv will not come on. Neil. I did that

Tv will not come...

Tv will not come on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes I did that

2/27/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off the back of your TV and how old is it??

UN40H5203AFCZA

Thank you. Are there currently any signs of life on the TV at all right now (power light lit or blinking, etc.)?

Are you still with me here?

Power light blinking
Yet sir

Okay this indicates a hardware fault in the set and generally requires repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Not on

Elaborate please. Light blinking still? Did it start soon as you plugged it in?

sir

Thank you. That's bad news I'm afraid. Please give me a minute to type this up.

Unfortunately this indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $50:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn94-08110a-main-board-for-un40h5203afxza.htm

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $200-$250 parts and labor, which is typically not cost effective as a brand new 42" LED Smart TV starts at around the same cost. However if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area if you'd like:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

What cause the board to go out

That's the same as asking what causes a light bulb to fail. It's the nature of electronics, and can be caused by no catalyst at all. Can also be caused by QC at the factory- it's impossible to do a postmortem.

Do you need anything else today?

Glad I could assist- have a great day.

No sir thanks you

You're welcome. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Technician