TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My contour remote won"t. I'm sorry. My remote stopped

My contour remote won"t ...

My contour remote won"t

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

I'm sorry. My remote stopped working with the set up box. It will only work the tv on/off, the input and the volume. When I go through the set up procedure it doesn't give me a 3 digit code when prompted.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

2/26/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent support, pay per question website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

• Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?
  • Is it TV remote not working with the cable box?
It’s a wall mounted Emerson so I can’t see the model. Right now the remote will turn on/off and volume. We only have sound on one channel and the screen is froze on “let’s try that again” Your remote didn’t pair with your set up box. It won’t respond when I hit ok on the blue highlighted Setup button

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried as first thing that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect the cable box power cord from the power outlet for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?

If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

just did it for the second time. Its on the same channel but we do have a picture and sound. Won't except any other button but the input source which is on tv in order to have this one channel. When put on HDM1 we only have the HDM1 in the right hand corner and no picture or sound

Is it a Cable remote OR the remote came with the TV?

Remote that came from Xfinity

OK, then the problem is within Xfinity cable box.

what do I do?

Please reboot the cable box again, leave it unplugged from power outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in and check

If the problem still persists then call the cable company to get the cable box replaced, your TV is just fine and the problem is definitely with the cable box. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

I’m having the cable box changed out. Thank you.

Much welcome, I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician