TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Pear l, How do I program my replacement Viera TC-P60UT50 tv…

Hi, How do I...

Hi, How do I program my replacement Viera TC-P60UT50 tv remote?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. How old is your Viera?

July 2012

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I have not tried to do anything with it yet. Not sure to just use even to turn on yet. The tv is on, controlled by my direct tv controller.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Viera? What happened right before this?

I never even programmed my lost controller, but I now want to try some of the Viera features. There have been no issues with the tv itself.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Just a step by step procedure would be nice. Your website was infuriating.

2/21/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

If you have a factory remote for the TV, there would be no need to program anything to control the TV. Please give me more specifics as to what you are trying to accomplish.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

My new remote is a Panasonic with a red NetFlix button on the bottom. So I can just go ahead and use it and the original instructions as to programming my other devices? (It just turned the tv off and on-thats a good sign right/) Thanks

That is an older set, however after any necessary updates, netflix may work. In order to get netflix going you'll need to take two steps first.

1) Connect the TV to your wireless network

2) Get a netflix account setup if you have not already. Do this from a computer/PC and not your TV.

Let me know if you need help with these steps. Thanks.

Thanks for your help. I think I'm all set now. bye.

If I've helped you today, please remember to rate my service by clicking the stars. Rating costs nothing more and helps me. I strive for excellent 5 star service. Please also remember you can followup with me on this issue after rating for no additional fee if you have any further questions.

Thanks for using Justanswer.

technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician