TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My flat screen Samsung tv has lost its ability to internet…

My flat screen Samsung...

My flat screen Samsung tv has lost its ability to internet connect. I have not been able to receive Directv On Demand . I ask to reconnect but the tv will not reconnect. I cannot do streaming on the main living room tv but can stream on bedroom TVs. But, bedroom TVs can’t internet connect. The message says only the main tv can be used to connect. WiFi is all good as computer, iPhone user, and iPads are all good. So I had a local tv repair tell me the problem is a failure in the main tv. Can you help?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

No, I can connect to Directv but, as you can see, I am unable to get On Demand and they tell me I am losing a lot of possible programsI like to record.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Many times. It isn’t the WiFi connect

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you. But please lay out the problem. It is in the main tv

2/21/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

Did that local repairman come to your home to check this or just on the phone ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Jack
Jack, Technician
Had both Directv repair and CoxInternnet service both at different times come here and check their service. All ok. Both point the finger at a malfunction in the tv as this Samsung used to allow Streaming but no more.
Please give me a sec to check for the model#
Phone call session started

I did accept your phone request so i could see this screen but first i want to make sure you understand that this cost an extra $26
Do you still want that call or do you wish to continue in chat mode ?
That offer was sent automated by the website by the way , NOT ME

Also , i still need that model number please ?

How old is this tv ?

Please cancel the phne call. Ontinue chat

No problem , that is why i was asking first and i will cancel it after this

Thanks. He king for model #

Should start with UN.... if less than 3 years old

It’s 5 or6 yrs old. Sorry but this tv is very large and mounted on wall. Is model available on the tv screen itself. Ant see model
Are you still there?

Not really and in any case i would need to look in the owners manual !

Need the model number for that lol catch22

Yes , you got to give me time to type and research , i should`ve mentioned at first ;

Possibly there is a common problem as to why a tv stops receiving internet?

I need the model number for possible parts/circuits in the tv but we could still try a factory reset

There are a host of reasons why the tv would lose internet , so many in fact that it has to be taken case by case

Got it.

If you want to tr a factory reset then it may clear that but your internal wifi adapter or even main board could be at fault here

If you could run a lan /network cable to the tv and try the wired connection that would say much here

I am afraid that is out of my ability. Would I lose anything if we tried a factory reset?

You already lost the internet anyway and if you are using the factory default picture and audio settings then you wont lose anything then att worse you will need to re-adjust your picture settings to your liking

By the way , these guys at cx , did they go in the tv`s network settings ?

meant cox internet , your provider that you said came home to check it out

They followed all he protocall they were given. Both checked out . Internet and Directv were ok. Both, at different times, said that since one time the Samsung had allowed Streaming it had developed a malfunction

As i don`t have your tv`s model number i will give your the procedure for the reset that is usually used for a samsung this age

Open the tv`s menu and go to SUPPORT , open that then go to SELF DIAGNOSIS , open that and go to RESET , select that and when asked for a PIN enter 0000 then select YES when asked and YES again to confirm

If your tv has none of that then simply press and hold EXIT on the tv`s remote for 12 secs + and you should see a popup asking RESETS ALL SETTINGS... select OK

After the reset it will turn off and back on at the first time setup , language and location make sure to select HOME then you can go back to your cable box with the source button , no need to go through the channel search/scan

If none of that does it then some more serious troubleshooting and/or repair will be needed

You could simply have a defective tv here that needs repair

Let me know how that goes
I will cancel that phone request in the mean time and note that you may not see the credit for your deposit right away

OkayJack. Thank you for your advice. I feel more comfortable getting a Samsung rep n here. Can you recommend anyone in the Phoenix area?

Can you give me your zip code ?
There is a phoenix in oregon as well i believe

Sorry, Arizona 85383

I could find tv repairman`s in general with your ip code but if you want a samsung ASC then looking at samsung website they don`t seem to give addresses for their ASC (service center)

try this number and they will give you their contact info for your location , i`m sure there are several (###) ###-####/p>

K. Thanks again

No problem , let me know how that goes or if you still need help later

Will do. Take care.