TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I’m hooking up the cable box and can’t find the cable in…

I’m hooking up the...

I’m hooking up the cable box and can’t find the cable in point on the tv. If it’s a smart tv do I use HDMI instead.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio 55 “. Brand new

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv menu does work. Tried it for brightness and Hulu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Vizio? What happened right before this?

Nothing. Just trying to hook in the cable box. Where is input connection?

Technician's Assistant: The TV Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it

2/20/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Offhand many new Vizio sets don't have a coaxial cable connection and they require HDMI or component video connections from the cable box. That said, what is the model number of the cable box you have? Also what is the full model number off of the back of the Vizio?

Cable box is model DC50Xu. TV is already hung so I can’t see the model number

Thank you for the reply. If the TV is already hung, then I can only guess you have one of the Vizio Smart Cast TV's which does not use a coaxial connection. I'm pulling up your cable box now. Please standby.

Okay the Pace DC50XU is a small transporter type box and will not work with this TV. You need to contact the cable provider and have them outfit you with a FULL HD box so that you can then connect the box to the Vizio using HDMI. These new sets no longer support a coaxial cable connection and requires a High Def box to operate.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician
I have a full box with HDMI capability as well. Do I hook up the same way
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started

Excellent! You would connect the HDMI out from the box to the HDMI In on the Vizio (there are several HDMI ports on the Vizio) and then use INPUT on the Vizio's remote to select that port and the cable box programming will be on the screen.