TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I haved a Samsung Model #6350 and attempting to hook-up with…

I haved a Samsung...

I haved a Samsung Model #6350 and attempting to hook-up with a flat panel amplified antenna.

Technician's Assistant: What Samsung model do you have? How old is it?

According to the serial number, it is a 6350 purchased 7-6-2014

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I disconnected the cable TV this morning and evidently it is still looking for the cable connection

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

Nothing! The TV works perfectly, I just decided to switch from cable to an amplified antenna which is brand new

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I have connected the antenna according to the instructions in the antenna guide; but still doesn't connect with the channels

2/20/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Can you please get me the full model number off of the back of the Samsung? Also do you have the original Samsung remote nearby?

UN48H6350AFXZA1080P

Also do you have the original Samsung remote nearby?

You need the remote that says "Samsung" on it to run through some setup steps. Let me know.

I have the Samsung remote nearby

Okay thank you. I'm pulling up the manual right now. Offhand you need to use the SOURCE selection to select "TV", and then go into the Channel setup of the TV- select ANTENNA, and then RUN CHANNEL SCAN. Are you able to do that, or do you need further instructions?

The remote is ready

I'm pulling up the manual right now. Offhand you need to use the SOURCE selection to select "TV", and then go into the Channel setup of the TV- select ANTENNA, and then RUN CHANNEL SCAN. Are you able to do that, or do you need further instructions?

The message on the screen is: No Cable Connected AV (1) Check the cable connections and settings of your source devise (2) press Source on your remote to select connected source device. OK, it just came on; but don't know what happened. I moved the arrow to TV and it came on

Yes, AV1 is not the correct setting it's the TV Input. So are you good to go now?

Do you need further assistance with this?

OK, Aric, I think I maybe able to run the Setup, and run Channel Scan. Thank you!

Excellent and you're very welcome! Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Aric, Technician