TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The screen went black and will not come back on. hav tried…

The screen went black...

The screen went black and will not come back on. hav tried power cycling. didn't help. tv has power just no sound or picture

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No. the sales man told me it had a built in surge protector

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

2/20/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of this unknown TV and how old is it?

E600i B3
Four years old

Thank you. Does the power light on the set come on when you press the power button? Additionally, does the Vizio welcome "V" display on the screen when you turn it on?

Neither one lights up. But it will still charge a phone thru the usb port

Okay this indicates a failed Mainboard in the set and does require repairs. Additionally, not that it's related- but this TV does not have any type of surge protector built in contrary to what you were told.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

I have already tried this several times with no result

Okay, thank you for telling me what you've tried. This indicates a failure within the TV- not something you can fix via any settings/buttons. Give me a minute to type this up please.

This indicates the set's Mainboard has failed and needs to be replaced. This is a "plug and play" part- meaning no soldering or special tools are needed to replace it. Only a screwdriver and about a half hour of your time. That part can be purchased for your set at the link below for $65:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-y8386296s-main-board-for-e600i-b3.htm

Alternatively, if you're not comfortable with this type of work, then at a shop this is $200-$250 parts and labor, and if you'd like to inquire on repairs, or seek a 2nd opinion, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
Thank you very much. I already have the back opened up and had tested a few things and was pretty sure it was that board. Been very helpful.

You're welcome and best of luck with the set!