TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The tv was working normally and it just suddenly went black.

The tv was working...

The tv was working normally and it just suddenly went black. I can turn it off and on and it only flickers and goes black screen. I am able to get the sound of the programs that would be onl

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

2/19/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello
I do not want a phone call. Can you tell me if you think there is a correctable issue with the tv.

If you received a $26 phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those, they are optional and you can just ignore them if you don`t want it

Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

47LN5700

Thanks

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Completely black. It flickers when I try to turn off or on. Just barely flickers. Nothing responds except volume/sound.

O.k then I know what this is , please give me a minute to type this down

By the look of it I`m afraid that what your tv has is another case of defective LED strips and this is very common with LED backlit tv`s now
Those LED`s are supposed to last a zillion hours but they do not , they are failing all over the place and not only in LG
There is a very slight chance the power supply/led driver board may be causing this but i give this a 90 to 95% chance you have defective strips

Here is a link to give you an idea what is needed ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-6916l-1174a-6916l-1175a-6916l-1176a-6916l-1177a-led-strips-12-strips.htm

There is also a video on that page that shows you how its done so before you order anything watch it

If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .

If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
This will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.
This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around .

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post while it gets me paid for my time helping you .

I don’t see a place to rate your service

At the top of your page there should be a star system , click on it and submit

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Jack
Jack, Technician

You got it , thank you