TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I JUST MOVED AND SET MY TV UP AND PLUGGED IT IN. IT WILL NOT…

I JUST MOVED AND...

I JUST MOVED AND SET MY TV UP AND PLUGGED IT IN. IT WILL NOT TURN ON. THERE WAS NO DAMAGE IN TRANSPORT AND UT WAS WORKING PERFECTLY BEFORE THE MOVE

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It was previously, but now its just plugged in the wall

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, its a philkips smart tv, I dont have the model #

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

Hello

Hi

How large and how old is this tv ?

43 inches I bought it 3 yrs ago brand new and its rarely used

What is the tv doing now if anything ?
Is there a light or blinking light at the front and/or clicking sound from inside when you plug the power cord again and try to turn it on ?
Or completely dead no activity whatsoever ?

There is no blinking, although When I plug it in I can hear power going to it, however when Hitting the power button on the side I dont get anything

You can hear the power ??

A clicking sound ?

Sort of like the sound of a tv tun on, however I hear this when I plug it in

I think you are going to need to remove the back cover to check for loose or broken connections

Something either got jarred loose or broken in there during the move .

Also , while you are back there you could lookup the tv`s model number perhaps ?

Just pull the power cord at the back of the tv itself , (not the wall outlet) and push it back in securely

Model #49PFL4608/F7 Phillips
Also I screwed the base in the tv, it was mounted previously

Thanks

Right now the only reason i asked you for the model number is ***** so i could see the boards and perhaps guide you around on what to check but you will need to remove the back cover first , this is not a standard troubleshoot and diagnostic job , something went out during the move

Just saw your last reply , the screws you used , were they the original holding the base stand ?

No they were not the originals

Sorry , somehow i did not get notified of your reply

This is not good then if they were not the original , they could have gone through the circuit board behind , namely the main board or power supply

Pull one out and tell me how long it is approx. ?

The screws you used , are they longer than 1/2 " ?

they are 1 "

The ones at the back , not underneath , pull them out half way , the tv wont fall off the stand and you should clear the board inside , the original are a bit shorter than that at 1/2"

Pull those screws out as i suggested and try to turn the tv on

You may be just shorting something and no permanent damage

Jack
Jack, Technician