TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I connected Samsung TV 4 series to Digital Antenna and TV is…

I connected Samsung TV...

I connected Samsung TV 4 series to Digital Antenna and TV is not connected

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router, and what device(s) are you connecting to it?

I am not connected to a router just Digital TV antenna

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

I go to source and connect but there is not TV Digital Antenna connection identified

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , my name is Jack
Perhaps i can help you with this but first ;

Please send me a hello when you see this so i know you are available ?

TV says No Signal

Hi

Your input /source won`t say anything about a digital antenna , do you see the TV input (source) in there ?

If so you selected it and it says NO SIGNAL ?

Are you in TV input mode right now ?

No signal, correct

OK and did you perform a channel search /scan ?

In process

Open the menu and go to CHANNEL or TV , open that and you should see an auto program or channel search option

Make sure the tv is set to antenna , not cable then start the channel search

We posted at the same time

Jack
Jack, Technician

That should do it and note that the antenna position is important so note the way it is positioned right now and if you can see an option to ADD CHANNELS , move the antenna and try that , you may get more (or less) , in any case that is howw you will find the best position

Thanks for the rating

Finished the scan and still no TV signal

Before you started the scan , did you make sure the tv mode was set to AIR/ANTENNA and not CABLE ?

Your antenna , is it a powered/amplified antenna with a power plug ?

If so make sure it is lugged in correctly

If you still get nothing and you do have an amplified antenna then return it to the store and get your self a simple rabbit ear type antenna non amplified , they are still the best for indoor use

An amplifier on an antenna is used when you have an outdoor antenna and some 50` of wire before it gets to the tv , not indoor , its just a big hype

Let me know how that goes

There could be a problem with the TV's tuner too in which case I do have a solution for that

Thanks

No problem

Appreciate the help