TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My sharp LC-70LE733U has a blank screen and the front led…

My sharp LC-70LE733U has...

My sharp LC-70LE733U has a blank screen and the front led just blinks. When this happened before I did the reset procedure (Input + Volume down and plug in) and it started working fine. This time the procedure does not seem to do anything, it just keeps blinking

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your LC-70LE733U?

I disconnected the hdmi cable I have another couple of devices plugged in but they are off

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it, I think

2/18/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent support, pay per question website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

OK, I am here

- Did you get a normal bright picture when apply reset procedure?

chat is fine

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat

.

I mean there was not darker area on the screen

when i did the procedure, there was no change
just a blank screen

I understand the current symptoms, I was asking when you applied reset procedure (Input + Volume down and plugin) to get the TV power ON, did you get a normal bright picture and no darker area on the screen?

I mean when TV was turning On with reset procedure

I did not get any picture, just a uniformly blank,black screen
the led is blinking, one long and one short

Let me try again when you said - When this happened before I did the reset procedure (Input + Volume down and plugin) and it started working fine. - had you got a normal picture on the screen and there was no darker section/ portion on the screen at that time?

before, when the reset procedure worked, the picture came up normally and seemed fine. I have done this twice before, once about a year ago and gain a week ago and both times the set went back to normal operation

Thanks for the info, it confirmed the backlight LEDs inside the screen are fine and the problem is with either power supply board or the LED Address Board. Power board provides volts to LED Address Board that drives the backlight LED strips inside the screen

Swapping the LED Address Board or power board will fix the problem, please click the following link to view both boards image and part number info to search/ google it if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp/lc-70le733u

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician