TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My LG55LX6500uB turns on but has black screen and no audio.

Customer Question
Hello My LG55LX6500uB turns...

Hello My LG55LX6500uB turns on but has black screen and no audio

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No. It was turning off and on by itself while we were watching it then screen went black and no audio since

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I replaced the power supply board but no change

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
2/18/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 4 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Does the set respond to its power button (set turns on and off)? Also does the screen backlight- meaning comes on slightly lighter than if the set were off?

Set turns on and off using remote but no back lights at all that I can ser

Okay, what were the exact symptoms prior to power board replacement?

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

What were the exact symptoms prior to power board replacement?

Basically no audio or back lights and clicking sound. Did not have correct voltages for standby and run

Okay the clicking sound is generally caused by a faulty turn on command from the Mainboard. Where did you get this power supply board from and have you replaced any other parts in the TV?

Sears. No I have not replaced any other parts.

Okay these symptoms point to a faulty mainboard, which is the board that contains the AV jacks and also the microprocessor in the TV that controls all functions. You would need to replace the mainboard to fix the set. I'm searching for that part now- please standby.

I have 24v to inverter board connector female plug but no voltage on driver board

Okay these symptoms don't like up, I will opt out.

What do you mean
TV Technician: Sam Dennis Bradley, owner replied 4 months ago
Sam Dennis Bradley
Phone call session started
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Different expert here. It looks like Aric had to step away.

Let's narrow this down. Turn the TV off, and make the room as dark as possible. Get a good idea for how pitch black the screen is. Now turn the TV on and watch the screen. I know it’s still black, but did the screen seem to lighten up, even slightly?