TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to buy a digital mout cable, 6 ft for my SAMSUNG…

I am trying to...

I am trying to buy a digital mout cable, 6 ft long for my SAMSUNG MODEL UN55MU6290F so i can se my headphones. The unit has a 1/8 receptacle and no one has that,

Technician's Assistant: How old is your UN55MU6290F?

.Got it last Christmas (2017) as a gift

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Tv menu is good. its the only problem i have.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UN55MU6290F? What happened right before this?

NOTHING HAS HAPPENED!!! I JUST WANT TO HOOK UP MY HEADPHONES TO IT AND I NEED A COMPATIBLE CABLE.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

NO! I am wellpleased with all els\\\

2/17/2018
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What's the make and model of your headphones?

What has that got to do with it? I just need a cable 6 feet long with a 1/8 male plug on one end to fit into the TV digital out and 2 RCA CONNECTORS ON THE OTHER. Thanks

Honestly, I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important. I've been doing this a long time, and simply need to know the make and model of the headphones please.

RADIO SHACK 900MHZ CAT NO. 33-1197

Thank you! Those headphones actually come with an RCA to 1/8 adapter. Do you have the original box stored away somewhere? If not, I can provide you with a link to purchase a replacement. Just let me know.

Sir, there is nothing wrong with the TV, I just want to get hooked up so i can use my Headphones, and it takes the described cabl

I know there isn't anything wrong with the TV. Were you able to read my last response? I will copy it again, below:

"Those headphones actually come with an RCA to 1/8 adapter. Do you have the original box stored away somewhere? If not, I can provide you with a link to purchase a replacement. Just let me know."

No sir, I do not have the original box. That was a long time ago. Now. Everywhere I have tried, no one, even the internet does NOT list the 1/8 plug...only a 3.5mn

3.5mm and 1/8 are the same in this context. Actually 3.5mm is the most correct measure, and some manufacturers just use 1/8 inch as an approximation. Rest assured they are exactly the same for what you're doing. >>This link<< shows what you need.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Sir, I have bought the 3.5 and it will not go into the receptacle, which is too small!!!

Then you have either purchase the wrong plug or are trying to connect it to the wrong port. 1/8 inch and 3.5mm are identical connection types for headphones & televisions.

On the conversion table, 1/8 converts to only 3.175. Not 3.5. The3.5 that I purchased from BEST BUY yesterday will NOT go into the hole it needs to go into...I am sorry.
Do you know of a mfr who makes a 1/8 or3.175 male plug?

You are misunderstanding. Conversion tables do not matter for this. I know 1/8 inch is 3.175mm but the connection is never 1/8 inch. It is always 3.5mm. They are just so close and Americans like inches, so manufacturers say it's 1/8 inch but it isn't. It doesn't matter what the package says. If you don't believe me, ask Google... "Is 3.5mm the same as 1/8 inch" and you will see many responses.

I'm going to pull up the manual for your TV. Please stand by...

Sir, I respect your position and expertise and I certainly do appreciate your working with me today, but quite honestly, I do not think I can force that plug into that receptacle. Thank you very much

OK I am looking at the user's guide and also at the TV's specifications on Samsung's website and it doesn't mention even having a headphone jack. Can you post a picture of the port you're trying to connect to?

No sir, I can’t. But if you have a page that is labeled ACCESSORY KIT available, there is a picture of all the outputs, etc. on the back of this single sheet and the third label from the top is shown with the name DIGITAL AUDIO OUT, and there is where connection is located. There is a little push thru door on the side that you push open to plug the connector into.
Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Audio and Video Technician
Phone call session started

That's not for headphones. That's for an >>optical audio cable<< which isn't what you have. That's why it doesn't fit. You need to use >>this device<<. You connect the RCA cables (red & white) to one side, and then connect an optical audio cable to the other side. Then the optical audio cable connects to the port on the TV that you've been messing with. You will need to push until you hear it click.