TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I adjust the size of picture so part of it is not out…

How do I adjust...

How do I adjust the size of picture so part of it is not out side of frame?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Philips television

Technician's Assistant: What Philips model do you have? How old is it?

Model 4oPFL4901/F7B

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 4OPFL4901? What happened right before this?

4 months, when we hooked it up it was over size. we were hoping it would right it self but no.

2/17/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using this service. I will help you now.

What video source are you using for this TV? In other words, what is the TV connected to?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

dish satelite
no thanks

Is this connected with an HDMI cable, or with another legacy connection like RCA cable or a coaxial cable?

HDMI cable

Do you have your original factory remote for the TV? This will have the Phillips logo on it. Not from Dish.

The problem is likely you have a zoom or other picture setting that's causing the screen to be improperly sized. We'll have to go through steps on the remote. This can be difficult over Q&A , and is much easier and faster over the phone. I sent you an offer for phone support. If you'd like to accept that, I can call you. Otherwise, please try the following steps, and tell me in detail what happens or how far you get.

You'll need to do this with the factory remote in TV mode. If you don't get the tv menus, or see anything related to the dish box , then you aren't using the right remote, or you are using the factory remote in cable box mode.

1. Press the 'MENU' button on the remote control.
  2. Select PICTURE with cursor right.
  3. Select FORMAT with cursor down.
  4. Press cursor right.
  5. Select the desired format with cursor up/down.
  6. Press the 'MENU' button to exit
I tried all the settings on format , and gained a small adjustment. I thank you for your help but we will just have to live with what we have. thank again, band have a good day.

Well, you shouldn't have to live with anything but a perfectly sized screen, unless there is something physically damaged on your TV. If you'd like to continue troubleshooting, you can, before or after rating. Like I said, it may take more time over chat as you may have other setting that's off on your set. It may require a factory reset of the TV, which some customers find difficult to do with written instruction.

IF I've helped you today, please remember to rate my time and help to you today. I strive for excellent 5 star service, and you can follow up with me after rating for no additional fee if you still need help. Thank You.

technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician