TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Getting blooming screen but sometimes flickers to a

Getting blooming white screen...

Getting blooming white screen but sometimes flickers to a perfectly good picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Vizio P602ui-B3

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

3yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your P602UI-B3? What happened right before this?

It first had vertical bars, then flickered to a perfectly good pic

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No...i think the symptoms are correct

before it started blooming white, it was flickering from horizontal bars to a perfect picture. Is it the t-con board?
2/17/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Two issues here either a bad t-con board,this drives the LCD DISPLAY or a bad LCD panel the catch 22 here is that there is no way to verify for sure that either is faulty we just replace the t-con if that does not fix then we know for sure then the panel (display screen)is bad, if you want to pursue replacing the t-con board please let me know.

In the meantime to rule out any signal issue please make sure it does this with other inputs like a DVD player for example,if it does then its as outlined above.

Let me know if you need more help with this or need to ask more questions on this

A positive rating at this point is welcome 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

I've read that there also a possibility that the main board is bad, but this model had 4 boards, including the power board, main board, driver board, and t-con. Would any bad caps on mainboard or power board cause this issue??

No big clue is the vertical bars that disappear and maybe re-appear,to me it does very much sound like bad tabbing in the panel itself a common issue with lcd screens (panel=screen)

It WILL NOT be a mainboard or power-board issue

LCD panel failure is very common I am afraid the best thing you can do is complain particulaly if the set is under 3 years old, you could try the t-con but I still think its the panel itself

Sorry for dismal news here,

yah..thats bad news....i thought that if there were vertical bars when there is a picture, it was a panel issue. In my case, it seemed like a bad cable, cuz I reseated cables and it seem to be steady for 2 day, then vertical bars came, and now getting white screen. Is the white screen caused by bad t-con board?

No its all bad tabbing inside the panel itself its where the cabling is glued to the address lines inside the panel what happens is the glue becomes detached and the cabling makes and breaks depending on the inside temperature of the panel the result is vertical bars or vertical lines sometimes colored a blooming effect sometimes accompanied by clicking and many other issues, this is a common issue with panels been going on for some years, please complain to vizio via their website vizio.com

Please make sure the LVDS lead that runs from the mainboard to the t-con board is good by disconnecting and remaking the lead

need any more info please?

i've seen youtube vids that show that sometime putting pressure on the panel connectors recovers the picture...do you think i may be lucky to add some type of pressure on the cable ribbons to resolve??

You can try anything you have nothing to lose with it

The cabling I am referring to is INSIDE the LCD panel itself,you can't get to that

I got a t-con board today that i need to install, but I wanted to confirm the vert lines and the blooming were caused by the other boards...so I may get lucky with my t-con board?? and it may not be the panel??

You have nothing to lose by trying it so long as its the correct t-con board ordered by part-number only found on the ORIGINAL board and NOT model number, there will be variants of the board that look identical but will not work ,that is why the part-number only is used

but like you said in the beginning that a t-con board can resolved these types of symptoms?

I said it could be either t-con or panel but more likely panel

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
i'll cross my fingers...thanks so much!!!

OK good luck with it

Anthony