TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a TCL tv with a optical outlet. Do I need a cable…

I have a TCL...

I have a TCL tv with a optical outlet. Do I need a cable with a 3.3 male for the headphone jack on the receiver for my pyle wireless tv speaker ?

Technician's Assistant: What TCL model do you have? How old is it?

I just got it from Amazon

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes my tv menu works . I no problems with tv.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TCL? What happened right before this?

I just got tv & it works fine. I wanted the Pyle tv speaker so I can listen without bothering others in the room

2/17/2018
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

You are talking about wireless headphones and a base transmitter here , is that correct ?

And i take it that it does not have an optical input port ?

It does not have a optical input
it does not have a optical input

OK then but it does have analog 3.5 mm input and perhaps RCA left right inputs as well ?

Do you have a cable or satellite box ?

it has 3.5 input

Do you have a cable or satellite box ?

no cable box or satellite box

Internal apps ?

no

What are you watching ??

cable tv with no box.

OK then thank you

Let me type this down and show you what you need

ok

You will need a digital to analog audio converter if you want to connect to optical on the tv

Look at this link for such a device , many models there , just click on it; https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_24?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=digital+to+analog+audio+converter&sprefix=digital++to+analog+audio%2Caps%2C207&crid=32Z6PKWZOY9WG

You will need an optical cable as well

This will sit between the tv`s optical out and your transmitter , it converts the digital optical to analog for your transmitter

Your local bestbuy , walmart , radio shack etc. may have that as well.

If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician