TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Screen is dark and getting hard to see

Screen is dark and...

Screen is dark and getting hard to see

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

2/15/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

Please try to get the model number off the back of the tv. If not:
-when did you buy the tv?
-what brand is the tv?
-what size is the screen?
-is it LED or LCD or Plasma or?

Wd82738 Mitsubishi

Thanks.

Has the tv ever been serviced? or any parts replaced?

No

Ok one moment please. I am getting some information for you on how to solve your issue.

Your tv just needs a new lamp. You can buy it for about $80-$100 and install it yourself. Here are some links...

Buy lamp: http://dlplampsource.com/915b4410011-television-replacement-lamp.html

Instructions in the manual: https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/support/documents/WD-82738

If you don't feel comfortable changing the lamp yourself, I can help you find a local repair shop.

Before you go please do submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am at least recognized for helping with your question. If you are having issues with the rating try refreshing the page.

Did you get the message I just posted?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

I did thanks for your help

You're welcome!

Please show your appreciation by submitting a 5 star rating at the top of this page so that I am recognized for helping you today.

now today there is no picture at all and the tv shuts off by itself after about 5 minutes

Same diagnosis. Tv requires a new lamp. These are normal symptoms. It is completely normal to need a new lamp every 4-6 years on these type of tv's. They are purposely made so that you can easily replace the lamp yourself.

Are you having website difficulties preventing you from submitting a 5 star rating? You have already credited the site, but I get nothing until you submit a positive rating. Please take one moment now to submit a 5 star rating.

Ok I will....the tv will shut down automatically if it needs a new lamp?

Yep, it sure will.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician