TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I HAVE A DELL TV MODEL # W5001C HD THAT HAS NO BACKLIGHTS IT…

I HAVE A DELL TV...
I HAVE A DELL TV MODEL # W5001C HD THAT HAS NO BACKLIGHTS IT WILL CLICKS ON AND OFF WITH POWER BUTTON, WHEN ON THE VS VOLTAGE IS ABOUT 198V ON CN8003 AND THERE IS 5V ALSO 15V ON SAME CONNECTOR. THE X BOARD IS GETTING A STAABLE 198V ALSO. I CHECKED ZD5016,ZD5017,ZD5023 AND ZD5024 WITH A OHM METER THEY GOOD I READ SOMEWHERE IF THESE DIODES IS OPEN IT WILL CAUSE A BLACH SCREEN. THANKS LARRY
2/13/2018
stevenl1469
stevenl1469, Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** be glad to help you today have a question how are the voltages on the ysus board

check out this blog post it gives most info on that set the model is the same as w5001c on the inside same boards just be careful this tv was a hard one to keep running after they fail

http://blog.coppelltvrepair.com/2010/10/dell-w4201c-hd-powers-on-off-no-picture.html

I HAVE REPLACED 3 CAPS IN THE PSU THAT WAS BULGGED BUT NO CHANGE.

is the y or x board buzzing making any sound they should be oscilating

The x bd. is slightly warm and the y bd. heat sinks are slightly cool and I don't hear any sound from them.

what your voltage going to ybd

198v,15v, 5v

as always your problem will be on the ybd what would happen is the buffer board the boards that the ybd plug into on the side of the the set would short sometimes this can be see with burn on the chips on the buffer boards inspect those chips on the buffer boards they are under a heat sync i believe if bad then you would be looking at replacing all 3 boards

stevenl1469
stevenl1469, Technician