TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 70" samsung TV 2017, i wish to download a show i…

I have a 70"...

I have a 70" samsung TV 2017, i wish to download a show i taped earlier to a cd . a technician told me i needed a device called "one connect", do you know anything the "one connect"

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your speaker or sound system?

Whoever Samsung uses for their TV.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Samsung system and your 2017?

I called around and was told one cannot download from these new tvs is this correct.

2/13/2018
Ronald Brock

Hello, thank you for contacting Just Answers! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you tonight. Please reply to this message to let me know you are available. Thanks!

In regards ***** ***** question, the information that you were told is correct. People used to be able to record shows to VHS on cable, but the cable boxes now have encryption in them that is read by the cable boxes and TVs, essentially preventing piracy of the tv shows and movies that are shown on cable tv. If you have a cable box that has a DVR in it ( a cable box that allows you to record and playback shows) you would be able to watch the program again via the cable box, but you wouldn't have the ability to transfer that show to any sort of digital media.

if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. If not, I would ask that you please take a few minutes and provide me with a rating of 3 stars or more, as that is how we are compensated for our time here on Just Answers. Thanks!

that was some easy money, huh. I can see it if you had to do some research!

I have done the research. I have been in the cable industry for 12 years and have seen the development of cable and the cable boxes over the years. They make it very difficult to pull media off the cable boxes to combat piracy, so any usb ports that are on the cable boxes are strictly for diagnostic purposes for the cable company.

if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. If not, I would ask that you please take a few minutes and provide me with a rating of 3 stars or more, as that is how we are compensated for our time here on Just Answers

if you have no further questions, I would ask that you please take a few minutes to provide me with a rating of at least 3 stars, as that is how I am compensated for my time here on Just Answers.

Are you still needing assistance with your question?

Thanx

Just a reminder if you have no further questions, I would ask that you please take a few minutes to provide me with a rating of at least 3 stars, as that is how I am compensated for my time here on Just Answers.

Ronald Brock