TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV asks for PIN code. I do not have it. How to get it?

Customer Question
TV asks for PIN...

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Toshiba REGZA Model no 37C3000P

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

All the menus work nicely, except when I have to enter a PIN code.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 37C3000P? What happened right before this?

I never needed it, So since buying there was no problem. Only now O want to use streamer for showing my PC. I installed a streamer program and the TV recognizes it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
2/12/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What are you trying to do on the TV when you get asked for the code?

Please let me know

I installed a streamer program on PC, so that I can see content of PC on TV, The TV recognises the installed streamer, but asks for pin code for continuation.
I rather not use phone, Prefer to continue chatting.
Are you still there?

ok, how are you connecting the PC to the TV?

I installed a streamer program on PC. The tV recognizes it, but asks for pin code.

yes I saw this, I am asking though, how are you connecting the PC to the TV?

I do not think that this has to do with the pin code. TV asks for pin code in several other situations, such as in Parental control, and Advanced setup. Anyway ther is no phisical or WiFi connection between TV and PC, I got the streamer program from YES, the firm that regulates all my TV programs. I assume the connection between PC and TV goes via YES.
For YES, see www.yes.co.il

Try to enter in 0000 or 1234 as the code please

I did that. Also several others: 1111,2222,3333,4444,5555,6666,7777,8888,9999,4321

Are you able to do the steps on my link below to change it?

https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=2817632

Let me know please

I have that, but it says the default pin code is 0000. Not so on my TV. (I could try all 10 000 possibilities, but that would make me very old and sleepy)

Tell me the exact message you get please

Not sure what you mean with "exact message". The web site that you mentioned give a screen "Changing the TV's password" and there: "If you do not remember your password ***** can press the recall button on the remote 4 times within 5 seconds to reset the PIN #. " However pressing recall button (a) directs me to normal TV program and (b) the web site does not give the model number of my TV. It is indeed an older model, Maybe 10 year or more.

I mean on the TV, when it asks for the Pin

34;Incorrect PIN. Please re-enter"

Ok, try to reset the TV by doing the following please

1. Press the MENU button on the remote (or MENU on the TV) to open the Setup menu.
  2. Using the arrow keys on the remote (or volume / channel on the TV), select SETTINGS > SETUP > RESET TV and press ENTER.
There is no "RESET TV". There is "CHANGE PIN CODE". but for that one has to enter the current code first.
I urgently have to go now, so with thanks, ***** ***** to end.

ok, let me know when you have returned please

Are you still there, Richard? I have tried all pin codes of my credit cards in the possibility that I used that when I installed the TV long ago. Also dates of birth of my wife and me and my children. No success. I see no way to reset this TV. Toshiba does not recognize the model number. Apparently to old a model. I assume that I have to give up.

There is an option though to reset the TV, either Reset or return to shipping conditions

Please try to locate this

I cannot find it. Neither the Menu on the TV, nor on the remote give any indication. To be clear: I use remote of YES. The original remote is gone.
The whole situation started when there was a possibility to see content of PC on big screen of TV. Apparently not possible without pin code. The whole thing is not important. I give up (for the moment) and thank you for your efforts. Case closed.

Ok, is the pin being asked maybe then from the PC?

Nice try, but no: the pin has nothing to do with the PC. On TV the pin is necessary for several situations: Parental control, Logs, Advanced setup, Change pin, .... It was there always. Before I tried last week to connect with PC via streamer, delivered by YES (the firm that deliveres all the TV channels.

Do any of these functions work for you on my link below?

https://support.toshiba.com/support/viewContentDetail?contentId=4010093

I admire and appreciate your perseverance. The suggested resets did not work. There is no resetting function on my TV (at least I cannot find it). Even if one did there had to be entered the pin code, which I cannot find or recall. However stimulated by your perseverance I Googled "manual 37C3000P" and got a firm that sells all kind of manuals: http://www.owner-manuals.com/ I was promised deliverance within 24 hours (for 5Euro). Up till now nothing came (http://www.owner-manuals.com/index.php?main_page=account). Still about 20 hours to wait, Will inform you if and when I get it.

Thank you

Several sites deliver exactly the same manual D: 37C3000P-2.zip. But it does not work. Give a blank screen. I already complained. Will keep you informed.

Thank you

I got the manual, but I cannot do with it. It is not a manual for consumers like me, but for technicians. Language is too technical for me, so I do not dare to experiment. There is no reference to pin code in it.
If you are curious, I could upload the file if you tell me how. (There is a logo in this response that looks like upload, but when I enter the file, this response get stuck.)
The manual is a service manual. I got it at http://www.nodevice.com/pay/success.html?hash=22ead4bf2136a5435579fffdf4298196

attach the manual here please, use the add file button but give it time to upload

Trying to upload

Thanks

Richard, is there any view in the electronic horizon to solve my little problem, or do we say to end this ticket?

I still need the manual from you please, you were going to upload it?

I assumed the Service Manual was uploaded to you as attachment to my previous message ("Trying to upload"). Shall try again. I hope it will this time be uploaded together with the current reply.
Did you get the manual this time? If not, how else can I upload?

No, but I am out of ideas for this sorry, I will opt out for another expert that may have new ideas

Thanks for your efforts.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 4 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I stil am unable to find the pin code for the TV. I also cannot find how to reset the pin code (or ultimately reset the TV). If you could help that would be nice. The provider for my tv programs is YES and YES has give a streamer program that can be installed on my desktop PC. Installation went well and the TV seems to recognize the streamer, but demands the pin code. (If at the end it is not possible to use the streamer on the TV. because this pin code, then my world will not perish. I would be happily live on.
You may have read that the TV is a Toshiba, (old) model 37C3000P. I have the Service Manual. which is too technical for me. I have tried to upload it to Richard as attachment from where I am writing this this message There is a logo for that, but apparently that does not work, because Richerd write he did not get i.

Upload the manual please

How to upload? I clicked on the logo that seems to ask for it (picture of a sheet of paper with an upward arrow in it) and indeed it let me choose the file to be uploaded. I did that twice for Richard, but he wrote ha did not get it.

I will send a note to customer service to reach out to you

Yesterday I uploaded the Service Manual to***@******.***, asking to further it to you, Harry. Did you get it, and if so, could you use it for my little problem?
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago

No, I didn't.

I got the manual from http://www.nodevice.com/
I do not know what further to do: (a) the logo for upload in this message box does not work and (b)***@******.*** has either the file not given to you or not received. I got the manual from http://www.nodevice.com/

Unfortunately, I will need the manual.

Donna M. wrote me that she received the file and would forward it to you, Do you have it now?

No

This reply has not much sense

No, I don't have it.

Gonna M. wrote me: "Hi Johan, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer and I'd be glad to send this file for you.We have sent your files to your Expert. "
So, instead of sending senseless massages to me, I suggest to contact her. I am surprised that I have to make this suggestion after I wrote you before that she had the file.

Unfortunately, I will need to wait for the manual to be sent to me.

I want this ticket closed and my payment refunded. Reasons: First Richard could not help me and then a Harry let me wait for an answer for many days.