TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need a replacement remote control for model # RLCD5510A.

Customer Question
I need a replacement...

I need a replacement remote control for model # RLCD5510A. can you assist

Technician's Assistant: How old is your RLCD5510A?

Approx. 8 years

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

When I push the source button on the remote control it takes 1 or 2 minutes of repeated pushing of this source button to call up the source menu which comprises of T.V. component, HDMI 1 HDMI2 etc etc..there is something going on with the remote as scrolling on the source menu also takes a few minutes to move the scroll indicator line as does pushing the enter button when I finally reach the scroll menu item I need

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your RLCD5510A? What happened right before this?

I think I may have dropped it one to many times....it does work but takes literally minutes to call up the menu, scroll to the menu area I need and get the enter button working...minutes for each of these functions. I there any way I can purchase a new remote control for this model T.V.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's good.. just where I can purchase a new remote control for this model T.V. please

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/11/2018
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you with your question regarding your "...RLCD5510A..." I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There is a partial test to confirm if the remote is working or not. With fresh batteries correctly installed, point the remote towards the lens of an active digital camera. For every press of any/all button(s) on the remote, there should be a bright light that would register on the LCD screen of the camera. No light, no infrared transmission from the remote; remote most likely faulty.
On the otherhand, if the remote is good, then consider a possible IR sensor hardware concern in the unit itself or a compatibility issue.
Perhaps the video HERE may shed insight.

k Louie I have asked you where I can purchase another remote control for model # RLCD5510A. Period.
I have paid $5 for the answer to that question. Period. WHERE CAN I GET A NEW REMOTE?