TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am on the network setup page in my Bravia tv but cannot…

Customer Question
I am on the...

I am on the network setup page in my Bravia tv but cannot enter my wpa key. It’s all typed in but the tv won’t accept “enter”

Technician's Assistant: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

No, I don’t kniw anything about this. I am using my iPhone hotspot at maximum LTE.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I don’t have a router or modem. I am trying to do this wireless.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Well I don’t know what to ask. I don’t kniw how to use the remote. No manual. By just wildly clucking on it, I get to where it knows i am there but says error code 2200 but I Can’t get farther. Can’t connect.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
2/6/2018
TV Technician: stevenl1469, Technician replied 4 months ago
stevenl1469
stevenl1469, Technician

hi im Steven ill be glad to help you today if you would like give me the model number and i will give you a link to download the manual for the tv

Dear *****, it’s a Sony Bravia NX810 series 3 HDTV. I bought it seven years ago. On the screen right now i am trying to log in with the WPA key. I typed in the same code as on my iPhone 6S and the TV does recognize that it is connected through the personal hotspot (t-mobile ramped the speed up to LTE specs two days ago, up to 40 MHz). But I cannot get the screen to accept my hotspot ID, that is to say, it won’t let me press “enter.” So I have no idea how to get past this screen successfully. The bottom of the screen says ENT and confirm and the right says Return or cancel. With a lot of punching of buttons the TV says error 2200. No idea. Can you work with me until it either works or doesn’t? Of course I will read the manual before bothering you about this but I am electronically far behind the times

1st thing i do when this happens to is to change the password ***** my phone don't know why but it works for me

this also resets the connection

Can you send me a website for the manual?

yes sure

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Sony-Kdl-55nx810-491439.html

Thank you Steven. I will check it out. I also have an IT person to talk to here at the U if Miami but he doesn’t believe I can hook up my TV through my phone. I told him the TV was very sophisticated despite being 7 years old.

ok your welcome

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Steven I have not yet read through the manuals and have not yet reset my password, which I won’t do without consulting the IT guy here. So we are not done yet. I have to work in order to find out if your advice solves the problem, so it is too early to give you a rating. It is not fair to you if the customer (me) is so clumsy with technology that you have to wait for me to find out if I have been helped. Maybe tonight I will be able to try out what you said about changing the security setting. This makes me extremely nerbous, because I can screw up such a simple task in ways that nobody can imagine.

can i help

ill be glad not trying to pressure you promise the system has automated messages

Let’s stick to writing until I know enough to make a phone call useful. I just found a page (by wildly banging at the remote keys) on the TV that says activate enhanced advanced features. Okay great, but it says to connect your TV to the internet to get your code. I have been to connect for some days now. The TV recognizes my phone but i can do nothing after that. I tried to change the WPC password ***** the keys were looked up even more. So I am back to square minus one. I don’t know manufacturers think this is simple. I have a PhD in physics and still have no idea of how to humor these devices.
Errors: trying to connect. Keys were locked up even more. I don’t know why manufacturers think this simple. To me it is humiliating and tortuous nonsense. Changing my password ***** my PC connection but I got it back. Nobody here in IT can tell me why this trick you suggested will work.
Looked up means locked up.

can we try to turn the security of of the network let it be open just to test if it will connect

if the tv is locked up just unplug from the wall for about 1 minute that will reset it

it may be that tv is not compatible with the security option on the phone that why want to try with it as a open network

Steven I will start trying your suggestions. My main problem is that I can put up with just a certain amount of psychological humiliation each day (such as from trying to solve nonsensical problems like this) and it takes me a while to take a chance on doing that to myself.
Please stop putting your self down this is not a easy thing i promise I don't mind working with you as long as Is needed
Takes me awhile to figure out these menus sometimes so please don't feel bad
Okay I unplugged the TV for ten min and that unlocked it. Then I got to the network ssid Page and added cnn to iphoneFroggy. Then I go back and it still wants network (ssid) which means nothing to me. If I press the center button I am right back to the start. More circles. I did change my phone and TV passwords by adding one to them.

the ssid is the name of the wifi connection you want to connect to

We are not done yet but the company thinks I am. They won’t let me reply by text to you. I am supposed to get a new tech, they say. I don’t want to do that. My problem is contained in your answer: “the ssid is the name of the wifi connection you want to connect to.” Okay great but I have no idea how to set up a wifi. I called up t-mobile and got unusable mush for an answer.