TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an NZ panasonic lcd TH-L47ET5Z. I now live in

Customer Question
Hi I have an...

Hi I have an NZ panasonic lcd TH-L47ET5Z. I now live in Australia. Can I use the tuner to access Australian digital tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is Panasonic TH-L47ET5Z. I think it is about 5 years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the menu works. it just won't do an auto tune. It says there is an aerial missing, which is not the case.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TH-L47ET5Z? What happened right before this?

I thnk this may always have been an issue. My brother brought it with him from NZ. I don't think he watched tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
2/6/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What you'll need to do is go into the tv setup menu and run the factory reset (shipping condition) option to restore the factory defaults.

This clears all the memory and resets the tv, then upon coming back on it should prompt you through the initial setup steps again. It will ask you to set your location and that is where you'll pick AU, and from there should be able to run the scan again.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.