TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

This concerns my Sony Smart TV, Model #: KDL60W850B. On a…

Customer Question
This concerns my Sony...

This concerns my Sony Smart TV, Model #: KDL60W850B. On a daily basis, in order to access Netflix or You Tube, I am forced to go through the network set-up process in order to gain access. Sometimes it's successful, today it is not. My IP is AT&T, Direct TV. This issue has been ongoing for several weeks. Request assistance.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to DirecTV?

Yes, it says that it's unable to locate a server and gives me the option to either try again or cancel. When I cancel, it then takes me to the screen where I can access the network set-up app.

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I have tried everything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No, the issue I described is basically it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you using the tv with the internet connected to wifi or to wired ethernet? How far is the tv from the router?

The TV is wifi connected. It's approximately 6 feet from the router, separated by a wall. I went through the entire reconnect process to include unplugging the modem and I'm back in business. Generally, once it's again operational, I'm able to access internet sites for the rest of the day; however, most likely, tomorrow I will need to again go through the entire reconnect process. Not fun!

This is most likely a hardware defect in the tv itself. It is very common to see the wifi adapter in these fail. Since it is so close, if possible your best option here would be to plug in an ethernet/lan cable, like this: http://amzn.to/2E15YJR

from the tv directly to the router. You'd just need to drill a hole through the wall to pass the cord through.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.